Discover London: The contrast city

Regent Street

London is a destination that is in everybody's bucket list. Everyone speaks about it and wether they liked it or not, it's a city that leaves mark. I have to admit that I was very excited to go finally to London  with El Nido Squad. I had high hopes about it, but it wasn't what I expected. Don't misunderstand me,  I loved the city, but it was pretty different as I'd imagined it. Perhaps it was because the Big Ben was under construction or the weather, I don't know. 

Just to contextualize a little bit you have to know that London is a huge city and you can't visit everything and enjoy it at the same time. London is a city to enjoy, to spend time in a pub, to go for a walk, to do a picnic in Hyde Park, to do shopping, to go to every single street market and to get some vintage garments. As it's huge, it has different architectural complexes and this is one of the things that surprised me the most. The contrast is very obvious but this is what makes London unique.
 What I liked the most about London was street art, graffitis and buskers. London's brimming with art and for a music lover like I am, it's the perfect city. The Beatles, David Bowie, the great Amy Winehouse and many more artists wrote their songs in the city and this inspires me a lot. So Abbey Road and Camden Town are must-visit places if you ever go to London.

Besides, another thing I love about London is that it's a varied city, where there are people from many places in the world, many cultures and religions. Actually, we visited the Neasden Temple and I really recommend it. It's free and if you go by bus, though the trip is longer, it's cheaper. I loved the experience because I learnt a lot about Hinduism, their culture and religion. 
Neasden Temple


London is also the city to do shopping. I mean this is one of the highlights why I want to come back. There are many stores that aren't in Spain and the ones that are here have nothing to do with the ones up there. Urban Outfitters and Topshop are my faves and next time I go to London I'll be ready to buy something, because this time my suitcase was going to explote.

And yes, as you imagine, London is expensive, but it doesn't mean you can't do things for free. Actually, there are many things you can do for free: visit museums, go to Neasden Temple, seeing the changing of the guard in Buckingham Palace, get lost in the different markets and get a breathtaking view of the city from the top of the Tate Modern. Moreover, you can always book a free tour as I always do to know the city a little bit more. 
Views from the top of the Tate Modern


London has a huge connection of public transport. We bought the Oyster weekly pass because we stayed there for 6 days and it includes unlimited trips, but depending on the time you're gonna be there you'll have to find what's the best option for you

Descubre Londres: La ciudad de los contrastes

Londres es un destino que está en la lista de todos. Todo el mundo habla de ella y, aunque guste o no, es una ciudad que deja huella. Yo tengo que admitir que me moría de ganas de finalmente ir a Londres con El Nido Squad. La verdad es que tenía altas expectativas, pero no fue lo que esperaba. No me malinterpretéis, me encantó la ciudad, pero es muy diferente a como la había imaginado. Tal vez porque el Big Ben estaba en obras o por el clima, no lo sé.

Sólo para ponerla un poco en contexto, tenéis saber que Londres es una gran ciudad y que no se puede visitar todo y disfrutarla al mismo tiempo. Londres es una ciudad para disfrutar, para pasar el tiempo en un pub, para ir a dar un paseo, hacer un picnic en Hyde Park, para ir de compras, ir a todos los mercadillos de la calle y comprar algunas prendas vintage. Como es enorme, tiene diferentes estilos arquitectónicos y ésa es una de las cosas que más me sorprendió. El contraste es muy obvio, pero es lo que hace que Londres sea única.

Lo que más me gustó de Londres fue el street art, los graffitis y los músicos de calle. Londres está llena de arte y para una amante de la música como yo, es la ciudad perfecta. Los Beatles, David Bowie, la gran Amy Winehouse y muchos artistas más escribieron sus canciones en la ciudad y esto me inspira mucho. Así que Abbey Road y Camden Town son lugares de visita obligada si alguna vez vais a Londres.

Además, otra cosa que me encanta de Londres es que es una ciudad muy diversa, donde hay personas de muchos lugares del mundo, muchas culturas y religiones. De hecho, visitamos el Templo de Neasden y realmente lo recomiendo. Es gratis y si vais en autobús, aunque el viaje es más largo, es más barato. A mí me encantó la experiencia porque aprendí mucho sobre el hinduismo, su cultura y su religión.

Londres también es la ciudad para ir de compras. De hecho, ése es uno de los motivos principales por los que quiero volver. Hay muchas tiendas que no están en España y las que están aquí no tienen nada que ver con las de allí. Urban Outfitters y Topshop son mis favoritas y la próxima vez que vaya a Londres iré preparada para comprar algo, porque esta vez mi maleta iba a explotar.

Y sí, como imaginas, Londres es cara, pero eso no significa que no puedas hacer cosas gratis. De hecho, hay muchas cosas que puedes hacer gratis: visitar museos, ir al Neasden Temple, ver el cambio de guardia en el Palacio de Buckingham, perderse en los diferentes mercados y conseguir una vista impresionante de la ciudad desde lo alto del Tate Modern. Además, siempre puedes reservar un free tour como yo siempre hago para conocer la ciudad un poco más.

Londres tiene una gran conexión de transporte público. Nosotras compramos la Oyster semanal porque estuvimos allí durante 6 días e incluye viajes ilimitados, pero dependiendo del tiempo que vayas a estar allí, tendrás que encontrar la mejor opción para ti.






















CONVERSATION

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Lucía